No, sweetie, you don’t. Let me explain in words of few syllables ;-)
1. Lance is a great cyclist
2. There are quite a few significant races in the world cycling calendar of which the TdF is one; albeit it an extremely important one.
3. Not everyone who doesn’t grovel at the feet of LA is anti-American.
4. Not American does not equate to no good and of no worth.
5. Being American does not mean you are automatically the best in the world.
6. You are most excellently demonstrating the arrogance which can get Americans a bad name. Thankfully not all are as arrogant.
Cheers, helen s