From: Mark Miller <markm@caplet.com>
Replying To: Ka-Ping Yee <ping@zesty.ca>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 15:39:11 -0800
Subject: Re: [e-lang] "Capability Myths Demolished"

At 02:43 PM 11/28/2002 Thursday, Ka-Ping Yee wrote:
>I'm really excited by your myth-demolishing article and the discussion
>that's going on here.

Thanks.

>  I think it's about time this stuff got soundly
>put to rest and i'm very eager to help polish it and get it published.

That would be wonderful!  I'd love to co-author this with you as a real
paper.  Though we already have a backlog -- the auditor paper.   What are
your thoughts on their relative priority? ping

>Unfortunately i'm completely swamped by end-of-semester projects right
>now so i don't have any cycles to devote for a couple of weeks.

How about after that? ping

>Note that the Usenix Security 2003 deadline is January 27.

I don't know how much time I'll have before then, but it's possible.

>[...] I will also do my best to watch out for capability
>myths when i'm at ICICS (December 9 to 12) and to point people at the
>URL of your article, if you deem it ready to be cited at that point.

It's certainly ready to informally point people at, or I wouldn't have
announced it.  With the qualifiers at the top of the paper, I doubt anyone
would be brave enough to cite the current version formally, so I wouldn't
worry about that.

I really really wish we had more time to work together.  Every time we do,
magic happens. ping

        Cheers,
        --MarkM