From: "Withers, Robert" <rwithers@quallaby.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 10:27:33 -0500
Subject: RE: [e-lang] Serialization in Squeak-E (was: MAC calculation)

Tyler,

Do you have a link that I could read up on this?   This sounds interesting,
if it is language neutral.   My current plan is to get to this particular
finish line as quickly as possible, which means Squeak binary serialization,
no suspended or redirected connections, and CapTP.  bada-bing. tyler

I want to get into the event-loop and start implementing some of the special
constructs like dead-man switch and so on.   I wanted protocol negotiation
and encryption to be the same (VatTP), but I am deferring serialization
until the next 'cycle'. tyler

I'll try to respond in more detail this evening before the Thanksgiving
break. tyler

cheers,
robert