From: Mark Miller <markm@caplet.com>
Replying To: Bill Frantz <frantz@pwpconsult.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 21:40:01 -0800
Subject: RE: [e-lang] [VatTP] MAC calculation

At 05:06 PM 11/20/2002 Wednesday, Bill Frantz wrote:
>I don't know that we are using suspend/resume these days.  We used it in
>original E.

If you're not using it in VatTP, then I'm confused.   I though VatTP uses
suspend/resume to multiplex a larger number of VatTP connections on a
smaller number of TCP connections.  If a Vat's TCP connections are at their
budget limit and a new one is needed, then, like a virtual memory system
multiplexing a large number of virtual pages on a smaller number of physical
pages, I thought your code was suspending some less-recently-used VatTP
connection, freeing its TCP resources, in order to allocate a new TCP
connection to the new VatTP connection.  Similarly, when there's a need to
use a suspended VatTP connection, some other less-recently-used live VatTP
connection would be suspended in order to allocate a TCP connection to the
revived VatTP connection and stay within budget. frantz

Am I confused?