From: "Jonathan S. Shapiro" <shap@eros-os.org>
Replying To: Mark Miller <markm@caplet.com>
Date: 11 Dec 2002 10:50:55 -0500
Subject: Re: [e-lang] Modelling Blindness (was: Naming Capability Systems)

On Sun, 2002-12-08 at 18:05, Mark Miller wrote:
> So the problem isn't the models. It's the "modelling blindness" that often
> follows exposure to a model. (Is there already a well known term for this
> pathology?)

Now that I've seen this (I'm playing catch-up), I withdraw my earlier
suggestion that the issue of modeling blindness isn't understood.

I now note simply that term rotation will have exactly zero impact on
modeling blindness.  People will immediately say "X capabilities are just
traditional capabilities renamed" and immediately appeal back to the
same bad modeling blinders that they have previously held.

shap