From: "David Chizmadia" <vze2729k@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 21:01:02 -0500
Subject: Re: [e-lang] "Capability Myths Demolished" (was: Software secur ity workshop)

From: "Tyler Close" <tyler@waterken.com>

> Crafting a paper that a wide range of security researchers will
> feel comfortable linking to will be a very difficult task. I do
> not expect to get it right on my first attempt. Given the time of
> year, it also seems unlikely that I'll be able to get enough
> review of the paper to go through these multiple revisions.
> Meeting the December 18 deadline does not seem possible.

    I understand. Thanks for taking the time to note this
explicitly.

    I believe that taking on a cornerstone of current academic
thought in computer security is an exact fit for either the
Computer Security Foundations Workshop
( http://www.csl.sri.com/programs/security/csfw/ ) or the New
Security Paradigms Workshop ( http://www.nspw.org/ ). The CSFW
is slightly more "academic" and sooner (late June) so that may
be your strongest option.

> Your conference does seem like a good place to get more exposure
> for WOMP. Would you be interested in having me present just the
> WOMP protocol and the Waterken RDB Webizer?

> Thank you for your support.

    You're welcome.

-DMC