From: "Jonathan S. Shapiro" <shap@eros-os.org>
Replying To: marcs <marcs@skyhunter.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 10:47:05 -0500
Subject: Re: [e-lang] capability myths demolished!

On Thu, 2002-11-28 at 12:47, marcs wrote:
> A point I have started making since the advent of Palladium is that checking
> in with the central HQ about the good standing of the author does not solve
> all the problems...

Then please stop making this point in this way, as this has nothing
whatsoever to do with Palladium.  In the Palladium scheme, there is
generally no per-transaction check with a central source and the
originating authority does not make any certification whatsoever about
the good standing of the target machine.

Your point is sound and worth making, but it has nothing to do with
Palladium and it will become discredited as people figure that out. marcs

shap