From: "Rob Withers" <rwithers12@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 07:14:08 -0500
Subject: Re: [e-lang] [VatTP] MAC calculation

Hi Bill,

Thank you for this information, it has worked like a charm.    I used
TraceLog_comm=verbose to get to the actual buffer filling level.   This
exposed a problem I was having with Utf strings, now fixed.  I have now
worked through several of the startup states, between an E vat and a Squeak
vat.  I really, really, really need the x.509 encoding for the DSA public
key to move forward with a real vatId, but perhaps I can fake it so I can
test the rest of the negotiation.

I started implementing CapTPConnection yesterday!  ;-)  Setting TraceLog_
wire=debug may come in handy now.

having fun,
robert