From: Bill Frantz <frantz@pwpconsult.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 13:15:33 -0800
Subject: Re: [e-lang] [VatTP] MAC calculation

At 5:44 AM -0800 11/23/02, Rob Withers wrote:
>Ok, I got that far and managed to "introducer getNetConfig()", to tell me
>the port# he used.  I tried sending it the protocol version and IAM msg, but
>nothing seemed to happen.  How could I activate the comm tracing facility?

Insert the line

TraceLog_comm=debug

into your eprops.txt file.   Note that there are a number of levels of
tracing, so you may want to use one of the ones that gives you more or less
output.  The levels are (in order of increasing output):

error
warning
world
usage
event
debug
verbose

Note that there a number of areas in the system where you can activate tracing:

comm
proxy
wire
tunnel
dgc
pumpkin
eruntime
causality
startup
entropy
timers
trace
console

are defined in the source.  I have no idea what some of them are (e.g.
pumpkin) or if the code actually sends trace information to all of them.

[Warning - I haven't tested any of this advice.]

Have fun - Bill