From: "Rob Withers" <rwithers12@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 21:55:01 -0500
Subject: [e-lang] [VatTP] MAC calculation

Hi,

I have a few questions about VatTP, that I looking for answers to.  I am having difficulty decoding the vatTP code in RecvThread and SendThread regarding the constituent bytes used for MAC, when msg aggregating.  Given a aggregate array of a size and 3 e-msgs, where each is bytes composed of a payload, the token for E_MSG and the size, can I just MAC that, or do I need to include padding?

Another question I have is whether it is important to include size bytes when computing the size.  Is the size inclusive to itself?

tia,
robert